Tuesday 17 April 2012

New paints

Well my weekend of painting went very well, my bloodletters are coming on very nicely, and I've used some of the new paints. I bought a mixture of the different types Base (foundation), Layer, Shade (Wash) and took the plunge and bought a Dry paint the only new type I didn't get was the texture paint.

Ok what did I think of them, well..

The base paint went on very well didn't really see much difference between it and the old foundation paint but the colour was really nice (I got the screaming bell colour)

I got three different colours of the layer paint one of them being a metallic (Brass Scorpion), the only one I have used as of yet is the Brass Scorpion and it goes on very nicely

The shades are the new paints I'm most impressed with, they are not quite as thick as the old washes, they dry to a lovely matt finish and really do help bring the model together, used over a metallic colour is really rather good.

I've also tried out the dry paint Golden Griffon, and while didn't think it would be that good I was pleasantly surprised, the paint is really thick and you don't need much on the brush at all, it does go on rather well.

Also just so you know there are two types of pot as you can see by the photos below, the one to the right is the old paint pot (with the new paint in it) and the left one is the new pot, as you can see the new pot has a nifty new hinge which keeps the lid up and the opening is bigger, what you cant see is that the new pot has a new seal on the lid hopefully that means no more dried out paint, time will tell. All the new paints will be in these new pots in time once G.W use the old pots up, so I've been told.


No comments:

Post a Comment